Sunday, January 5, 2014

An Attempt by the Roosevelt Administration to “reinforce” Self-government in Puerto Rico: the Elective Governor Bill of 1943 (separata)


Bhana, Surendra, An Attempt by the Roosevelt Administration to “reinforce” Self-government in Puerto Rico: the Elective Governor Bill of 1943, Separata from Revista Interamericana Review, Vol. II, No. 4, Winter, 1973.

Available online.

Surendra Bhana: I teach a course entitled Rise and Fall of Apartheid. Having lived in South Africa for over 40 years under this system, the subject has been of great interest to me personally. My teaching brings many personal observations about growing up in South Africa. My knowledge of English, Afrikaans, Gujarati, and some Zulu has been very useful in that experience. It has been an interesting journey in which I have witnessed White supremacy and Black consciousness merge into a multi-racial and democratic South Africa in 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment