Reviewed in The Journal of Politics © 1965.
Reviewed by Gordon K. Lewis in Caribbean Studies © 1963.
1. Our Amerindian Ancestors.
2. The Coming of the Spaniards.
3. The Bankruptcy of Spanish Colonialism.
4. Africa to the Rescue.
5. Spain Reigns but France Governs.
6. Tobago in a State of Betweenity.
7. Trinidad as a Model British Slave Colony.
8. Trinidad’s Labour Problem After Emancipation.
9. The Contribution of the Indians.
10. Colonialism in Tobago in the 19th Century.
11. The Union of Trinidad and Tobago.
12. The Bankruptcy of Sugar.
13. Crown Colony Government.
14. The Education of the Young Colonials.
15. The Movement for Self-Government, 1921 -1956.
16. The Road to Independence.