From the Foreword:
This book is primarily intended for use in the senior forms of secondary schools. It is not a history in itself but a collection of various accounts written about many of the events which have taken place in the West Indies.
1. People of the Caribbean.
2. Economic Life.
3. Government and Politics
4. Religion and Education before Emancipation.
5. Slavery and its Abolition.
6. Emancipation and Apprenticeship.
7. Social Conditions since Emancipation.
8. Attempts at Unification, 1831-1958.