Monday, February 1, 2010

Grantley Adams and the Social Revolution

Hoyos, F. A., Grantley Adams and the Social Revolution; the story of the movement that changed the pattern of West Indian society, London: Macmillan, 1974, viii, 280 p. illus. 22 cm.

From the author's preface:
...With the additional material at my disposal, I have tried to write a popular life which is more balanced and analytical than my previous work (on Adams entitled The Rise of West Indian Democracy). I have attempted to depict a clearer picture of how he emerged as a political leader and for this purpose I have drawn more heavily than before from such sources as contemporary newspapers, particularly the Herald, the Agricultural Reporter, the Observer and the Beacon. Hansard, both Barbadian and West Indian, has also been a fruitful source of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment